At times, you might end up with QuickBooks Error H505 when you try to open a company file located on a different computer. Another reason can be when your company file needs some additional configuration. There are several other reasons as well that we have mentioned later in this blog. Apart from that, it also includes the troubleshooting methods that will help you resolve error code H505.
What Brings Forth QuickBooks Error Code H505?
You may end up with QuickBooks Error H505 if there is an issue with the Multi-user hosting set up. And thus, it occurs when you try to access the company file stored on another computer and lacks proper QuickBooks Installation and set-up. Besides, there are several other reasons as well that we have mentioned below:
- Damaged .ND file that doesn’t allow QuickBooks Desktop to open the files stored over the network.
- You might haven’t activated QuickBooks Services such as QuickBooksDBXX or QBFCMonitor on your PC. These services
- Incorrect Hosting configuration Settings block the communication of QuickBooks with the company file.
Solutions to fix QuickBooks Error H505
Below we have listed some of the effective methods that can help you resolve error H505 efficiently:
Solution 1: Make a new Company File Folder
- Create a Replacement folder on the hosting computer in the first place.
- Then, share the original folder and Windows access permissions for sharing the company files.
- In the newly created folder, you have to copy the .qbw file in multi-user mode.
- Now, you can open the Company file.
Solution 2: Open Network Ports that QuickBooks uses to transmit knowledge
- Configure Firewall settings
- At first, go to the Windows Firewall Settings and right-click on the Windows icon.
- In the search bar, type Firewall and press the Enter key.
- Then, click on the Windows Firewall > Advanced Settings.
- After that, go to the left and right-click Outbound Rules and select New Rule.
- Now, click on Ports> Next.
- Click TCP and enter the following ports in the specific local ports:
- For QuickBooks Desktop 2018- 8019,56728,55378-55382
- QuickBooks Desktop 2017-8019,56727,55373-55377
- For QuickBooks Desktop 2016-8019,56726,55368-55372
- For QuickBooks Desktop 2015-8019,56725,55363-55367
- Afterward, click Next> Allow the Connection.
- Now, click on Next and type-in name in the name field, and press Finish.
- You have to repeat the 1-5 steps for the inbound rules.
- Go to the multi-user mode again and open QuickBooks.
- Turn-on Network Discovery
- Open the control panel and select the System and Security option.
- Then, click on Windows Firewall.
- In the left pane, navigate to Click permit associate app/feature on the Windows Firewall (If you are on Windows server 2012).
- Now, click on Modification> Network Discovery> OK.
- Know the name of your server
- Simultaneously, press Windows + R keys to open the RUN command.
- Type in CMD and press the Enter key.
- Now, enter config/all, hit the Enter key.
- Search for the Host name in the IP Configuration section.
- On the right, the server name will appear.
- Save all the changes made.
Solution 3: Check hosting and services
- Verify hosting
- At first, you have to open QuickBooks on every workstation.
- Now, select File> Utilities.
- If the option Host Multi-user access appears on your screen, it means that your computer is not hosting the Company file.
- Whereas, if the option Host Multi-user access appears on the workstation, you must move onto the next computer. Also, you don’t need to change anything.
- If the option 'Stop Hosting the Multi-user Access' appears, select it.
- Repeat steps 1-3 on all the workstations.
- Verify QuickBooks Services
- Simultaneously press Windows + R keys to open the RUN box.
- Type MSC in the search bar and press the Enter key.
- You need to search for Services.msc in the Windows search bar.
- Scroll down in the Services window and search the QuickBooksDBXX service.
- Next, double-click the option QuickBooksDBXX service and ensure that the startup kind is set on Automatic and the Repair Standing is running.
- Now, click on the Recovery tab.
- If a failure appears, then you can restart the QuickBooksDBXX service. Repeat the same for the second and any subsequent failures.
- Click on OK to save the changes.
- Repeat the same steps for QBCFMonitorService.
- Afterward, you have to open QuickBooks in a multi-user mode on each affected workstation.
Summing It Up
We hope the resolution methods mentioned in this blog would have helped you resolve QuickBooks Error H505 without any hassle. If you are stuck and need technical assistance, give us a call on our Toll-Free Number (855)-948-3651.