ISO 45001 Certification
Overview of the ISO 45001 Standard
ISO 45001 is an international standard for occupational health and safety management systems (OHSMS). It was published in March 2018 and replaces the former OHSAS 18001 standard. Certification to ISO 45001 demonstrates that an organization has implemented a comprehensive OH&S management system that meets the requirements of the standard. Certification to ISO 45001 is not mandatory, but it can be an important way to demonstrate that an organization is committed to safety and has implemented a robust OH&S management system.
ISO 45001 certification can help organizations to improve their safety performance. By improving safety performance, businesses can protect their employees from potential injuries and also protect the environment from any possible damage. It also helps businesses to reduce costs associated with accidents and injuries. The certification provides a framework for organizations to follow, which helps to improve safety performance. Businesses that have implemented ISO 45001 have seen a reduction in costs related to accidents and injuries.
• Certification helps organizations improve their safety performance.
• Certification demonstrates an organization’s commitment to safety and health.
• The standard provides a framework for improving safety management practices.
• Certification helps organizations identify and manage risks more effectively.
• The certification confirms that an organization’s safety management system is effective.
• Certification demonstrates an organization’s ability to meet customer and regulatory requirements.
• Certification helps organizations improve their competitive advantage.
Which Organizations Can Apply?
Any organization that wishes to improve its occupational health and safety management system should consider applying for ISO 45001 certification. Some examples are:
• Manufacturing and construction companies
• Hospitality and tourism businesses
• Transportation companies
• Warehousing and logistics businesses
How to Get ISO 45001 Certified?
In order to get ISO 45001 certified, an organization must first implement an OH&S management system that meets the requirements of the standard. Once the management system is in place, the organization can apply for certification. The certification process involves completing an application and submitting it to an accredited certification body. The body will then review the application and conduct an audit of the organization’s OH&S management system. If the management system meets the requirements of the standard, the organization will be certified.
ISO 45001 is an important standard for organizations that wish to improve their safety performance. Certification to the standard demonstrates an organization’s commitment to safety and its ability to meet customer and regulatory requirements. The certification also helps organizations identify and manage risks more effectively. Organizations that have implemented ISO 45001 have seen a reduction in costs related to accidents and injuries.
ISO 45001 Certification