The body is composed of 60 percent fluids of your total body weight and 70 percent of your muscles. During our daily activities, the body constantly loses fluid in sweat and through urinating. How much of these fluids are lost will depend on our activities and the temperatures that are commanding at the time. During the summer months especially, we tend to be more active in sports, gardening, and traveling more in the heat. The greater the activity we indulge in, plus the higher temperatures will cause us to sweat more. We need electrolyte supplements to gain electrolytes.
Sweat will evaporate on the skin helping your body to cool down. This will also occur even during the winter months when the temperatures are lower. However, it is during the summer months that the body is at greater risk for it to become dehydrated. The greater the number of sweating results in a greater amount of the body’s electrolytes being lost. Electrolyte water consists of many minerals needed to run the body on an efficient level.
What symptoms occur in the body without electrolytes?
Without these electrolyte replacements, the body develops heat exhaustion and rapidly a progression of symptoms will occur lacking the proper hydration. Such occurring symptoms are:
- The skin becomes clammy
- Sweating increases at an excessive level
- The individual can feel chilly and start to shake uncontrollably
- They develop dizziness
- The individual becomes nauseous
- The muscles will start to cramp
- The heart rate increases
How you can replace the lost fluids?
To replace the fluids you must drink enough water throughout the day. It is not necessary to drink a glass at one time. You should sip more throughout the day, drinking at least 32 ounces daily to remain hydrated. If you are in strenuous activities and sports, you should drink even more.
To provide certain benefits that water alone cannot, electrolyte replenishment drinks have been shown. To retain fluids, electrolyte replenishment drinks help and use it more efficiently during exercise. A carbohydrate-electrolyte rich is the best sports drink that had a higher aerobic capacity than those of the placebo group.
Which are the best electrolyte drinks?
To keep hydrated and electrolyte-rich sometimes you need electrolyte drinks. Some electrolyte drinks for adults are mentioned below:
- Hydrant electrolyte powder drink- As compared to drinking water alone hydration powder drink mix supplies to your body with three times the electrolytes. You simply have to mix the powder packet into 8 to 16 ounces of cold water to drink it.
- Ultima replenisher electrolyte drink- You can consider yourself hydrated for the future because this electrolyte replacement powder dishes out 90 servings. Ultima’s powder is made with plant-based flavors and colors and it is calorie and sugar-free. Add a scoop into the water stir and drink up.
- Fruit juice- Juice that contains vitamin C is also a good source of electrolytes. But watermelon, cherry, and orange are rich in magnesium, potassium, phosphorous, and sodium which provides you with natural electrolytes. But you have to consider this thing also that fruit juice isn’t the best option for replacing electrolytes after sweating.