Restorative dentistry and the services provided in it.
Restorative dental treatment at Houston Dentistry
Restorative dentistry is integrated management of oral health problems and restoring of the mouth to a functional and restrained state. This includes putting in dental implants, crowns, bridges, fillings, and dentures.
Restorative dental treatment is mostly concerned with keeping the mouth functioning as best it can and remain as healthy as possible, and in doing the process, it can improve the overall look of one’s smile.
There are a lot of things which could go wrong in the mouth, that is why the dental professionals work so hard to catch any possible issue at an early stage and prevent it before it turns into a major issue. The most common issue is cavities which are filled to prevent further decay. Restorative dentistry fixes the major issues.
Sapphire dental care, dental at Houston heights, best dentist near 77008 offers skillful, gentle treatment to repair damaged teeth and get the patient smiling again. Whether he has a cavity, infected tooth, a missing tooth, or any other oral issue, sapphire family dentistry offers a wide range of services for patients of all types and works with the patient with care affordable budget.
Dental restorative services
- Composite fillings are used to treat cavities. This filing is made of a special dental resin material and can be matched perfectly to the color of the patient’s teeth. These filings are also very strong, durable, and also requires less preparation than the metal filings.
- Replacing a missing tooth with a dental implant, bridge, full or partial denture helps promote dental health. Filling in empty spaces can help prevent cavities in the remaining teeth. Odd-shaped gaps are a spot for the plaque-causing bacteria to build up.
- Root canal treatment is required when the tooth is cracked or damaged by a cavity, and the interior pulp has become infected by oral bacteria. In the process of the treatment, the infected pulp is removed and the inside of the tooth is cleaned and disinfected, then filled, and sealed. Symptoms of a root canal include lingering toothaches.
- Sedation options are there to have a pain free experience with the use of laughing gas or oral conscious sedation, so the patient remains to relax during the procedure.
- Partial dentures use metal and wire framework to support one or more false teeth. They are attached to the rest of healthy teeth using metal clips, allowing the patient to eat, speak, and smile with confidence.
- Full dentures are used to restore the whole span of missing teeth. These are custom fit to the jaw to ensure that they look and feel natural.
- Crowns are just shaped like the natural tooth and used as a cover for the natural tooth to restore its shape, size, strength, and improve the tooth’s appearance. The tooth is prepared, then the crown is bonded into place, covering and protecting the natural tooth structure. They are ideal for treating large cavities, protecting treated teeth with root canal therapy, and for repairing cracked or damaged tooth.
Types of tooth crown available:
- Stainless steel - tooth crown made of stainless steel are used on permanently damaged teeth as a temporary measure. The dental crown protects the tooth until a permanent tooth crown is made of a different material.
- Metals - tooth crown made of metals include alloys having a high content of gold or silver. These crowns rarely break or chips. A metal tooth crown is a good choice for out of sight molars.
- All-resin - this tooth crown is less expensive than other crowns. Although, they wear down over time and are prone to fractures.
- An all-ceramic - dental crown provides a better natural color match than any other dental crown type. These are suitable for people with metal allergies. They can be used for front and back teeth.
Book your appointment today with the best dental at Houston heights, Sapphire family dentistry.