Do you worry that using your Canon printer when it's offline would interfere with your work? We can easily diagnose a Canon Printer Offline. And because the error has been causing you a lot of trouble, we have chosen to share our completely effective remedies in order to provide you with the greatest offline support for Canon printers.
This article will give you several offline troubleshooting causes to help you pinpoint the precise issue with your printing device. Then we will provide you with various offline fixes for Canon printers along with detailed instructions. We'll also explain what to do if your Canon printer goes offline.
Reason Why Is My Canon Printer Offline
Why does my Canon printer indicate it is offline? Have you also been contemplating this? You might find it useful to know that there are a number of possible reasons why your Canon Printer Offline. The most common cause of a Canon printer being down is a bad network, which we'll discuss in this section of the article. Your network connection might occasionally be malfunctioning. Some of the most frequent difficulties that printer users encounter include the following:
- Paper Jam Printing Time Error
- Networking difficulty
- establishing the printer
- a portable, offline printer
- Configuration of a Canon printer
How Do I Get My Canon Printer Back Online
After determining the cause of the running issue, you might feel like attempting to solve it yourself. This is a thorough walkthrough of all the steps you can take to solve your printer difficulties on your own, so there you have it. Windows operating systems are fully compatible with each of the listed solutions Fix Canon Printer Offline Issue. Start by scrolling down now:
Solution 1: Reconnect the printer to Wi-Fi: Is your wifi connection active but your printer is not? Reconnecting the device to the wifi router is a simple solution for this kind of issue. We've listed the five steps to reconnecting it below.
- Find and hit the wifi button on your Canon printer.
- Continue to hold it till the wifi light starts blinking.
- Press the router's WPS button when you see the wifi light blinking blue repeatedly.
- The light will continue to flicker as the available networks are looked for and connected to the access points.
- The light will remain on once the gadget is connected.
Solution 2. Restarting the Spooler service
A piece of software called the spooler service manages all print jobs sent to the computer printer. The print spooler service is typically visible to users, and they can also cancel a print job that is presently being processed. They were able to manage the occupations they had at the time on hold.
- To launch the "Run" dialog box on your computer, press the "Windows" key and the "R" key simultaneously.
- Next, enter "services.msc" into the "Run" box.
- A window containing a variety of services will appear. After selecting a service, use the "P" key.
- If you continue to hold down the key, the "Print spooler" will become highlighted.
- Next, you must choose "Properties" from the context menu when you right-click the "Print Spooler" service.
Next, select the "General" tab. Locate the "Stop" option under "Service status," select it, and then click "Ok."
- Follow this path to your destination: C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS
- Once within the folder, remove every file from the PRINTERS folder before closing the window.
- Return to the Services tab and launch the "Printer Spooler" service now. Keep the starting type set to "Automatic" at all times.
- Check to see if the printer connects properly after restarting your computer.
Solution 3: Disabling "Use Printer Offline" in the Settings program
By removing the computer's ability to communicate with the printer even when it's offline, the problem can be attempted to be resolved. With this approach, the printer will only operate when it is correctly linked to the computer.
- Click "Control Panel" after selecting "Start" from the menu on your computer's keyboard.
- Locate "Hardware and Sound" and click on it.
- The following action is to select "Devices and Printers."
- Select "Update driver" from the context menu when you right-click on the printer hardware.
- A window asking "How do you wish to search for drivers?" will appear. To proceed, choose "Browse my computer for driver software."
- You must restart your computer after updating the Canon printer driver.
Solution 4: Update printer drivers
If the prior techniques yield poor results, there is a drag with the printer's driving power. It is possible to manually uninstall the drivers and then reinstall them. The main website of the business offers simple access to Canon drivers.
- Type "devmgmt. MSC" in the dialogue box to launch the Run window, then press Windows + R and enter.
- Scroll through all of the hardware, select the "Print queues" submenu, right-click on the hardware for your printer, and select "Update driver."
- Next, Windows will ask you which method you like to use to update your driver. After choosing the second possibility, carry on.
- Restart your computer and see if the problem with the Canon printer Offline Windows 10 is fixed.
Solution 5: Uncheck SNMP Status Enabled Option
For network management, the Simple Network Administration Protocol (SNMP) is typically used. All printer information is received and handled by SNMP as its primary role. By causing a change when the protocol is disabled, it might be able to assist us in fixing the Canon printer offline issue.
- Go to the hardware and gadgets as described in the solution 2.
- Right-click your printer after you've looked for it and select "Printer Properties."
- Select the "Ports" tab that is located at the top of the window.
- Click "Configure Port"
- Click to deselect "SMP Status Enabled." OK, carry out the modifications, then leave.
Canon Offline Printer Windows issues, such as missing connectors or malfunctioning devices, as well as software errors like corrupted or incompatible driver files, come your way when the printer seems to be offline. We have covered every best practice for fixing the Canon printer offline problem.
References: Fix Canon Printer Offline