Looking for the steps to get rid of QuickBooks error code 1406? Well, this error can be seen if the third-party program running in the background. As a result of this error, the user might not be able to complete his/her task. Any damage within the windows registry might trigger this technical snag. There can be a couple of other reasons why such an error appears in QuickBooks. If you are interested in learning those factors, make sure to read this post till the end, or you can also consult our team at 1-888-351-0999 and we will provide you with instant support services.
What causes such an error?
This error can be triggered due to the following reasons:
• In case the security software or the firewall is causing the issue, then the user might come across this error
• Another trigger can be if QuickBooks-related files have been improperly removed from your PC mistakenly
• QuickBooks has a corrupted windows registry key, then such an error can be seen
• If multiple tries to move QuickBooks on the PC, then the user can experience this issue
• In case the download location isn’t accessible
• Also, if an unreliable windows installer is present
Steps to eliminate such an error in QuickBooks
The user can try to get rid of this issue by getting the permissions for the data.dat file. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
• The very first step is to move windows explorer by pressing windows + E
• Head to organize tab
• Move to the folder and look for options
• Head to view tab
• Choose the show hidden file and folder option
• Ensure to checkmark the hide-protected O/S file
• Also click on the ok tab
• Now, move to ‘’C:/users/all/users/Microsoft/Office/data.’’
• Right-click the opa12.dat file for Office 2007 and data.dat for Office 2003.
• Choose Properties option after right-clicking the file.
• Click on the Security tab.
• Move to the advanced option.
• Further click on Permissions tab
• Go for Permission entries.
• Select list and hit on the Edit option.
• Ascertain to choose the Full control box
• Click on ok tab to end the process
After the above stated steps are performed, it is believed that the user might be able to eliminate such an error. However, if for some reason the error continues or if the user requires our assistance, then getting in touch with our QuickBooks pro support team at 1-888-351-0999 is suggested. We are a team of certified QuickBooks professionals working round the clock to provide instant support services.