Want to know the steps to get rid of QuickBooks error code 99001? If yes, then reading this post till the end will work. QuickBooks error message 6073, 99001 can be seen when you try to open a company file that has the file extension .qbw in multi-user mode. An error message stating “QuickBooks is unable to open this company file” might appear on the screen. The user is recommended to switch to multi-user mode, so that he/she can use both company files simultaneously. The file can also be seen in a read only network folder, if it is, then it is suggested to contact the system administrator of the system to make the file accessible.To learn more about such an error, make sure to read the post till the end.
What causesthis error in QuickBooks?
The below stated factors can trigger this issue in QuickBooks:
• In case the file is open on another system in single-user mode.
• Or if the file is being accessed using a remote application (LogMeIn, GoToMyPc, etc.) while the host server detects that you’re still logged on in the system.
• Another reason can be if the file is located in a read only network folder.
• Or if the files are hosted on a Linux server and are using more than one set of login credentials to sign on to the shared folder.
Steps to fix the issue
The user can perform the below steps to eliminate the error successfully.
Rename Corrupted or unavailable network data file
• Here, the user is supposed to open the Windows explorer.
• And then, look for the folder which stores the QuickBooks company file.
• After that right click the Company file with network data and QB company file extension.
• Once done with that modify the File extension from .old and then hit Enter key.
• The next step is to change the name of the .OLD file in QuickBooks desktop
• And also, open the QuickBooks and company file
• The last step is to make another Network data file for the company file.
• And you are done with the process
Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 15271
With this we come to the end of this post right here and hope that the information shared in above might be of some help in fixing the error from its root cause. However, if there is any query or if the user needs our assistance, then contacting QuickBooks enterprise support at +1-844-521-0490 is recommended. We are a team of technical professionals who work round the clock to provide instant support and assistance. Feel free to share your queries with our team and let them help you with the process of elimination of such an error.