Want to eliminate the QuickBooks error code 6150, 1006? Well, if that is the case, then your search ends right here. This error appears on the screen stating “We’re sorry. QuickBooks couldn’t open the company file. We’ll try to fix the issue. Click start to begin. If the problem continues, contact support assistance and report the error code 6150 1006”. This error basically belongs to the 6000 error series and can end up in damaging or corrupting the company file and hinder smooth working of the software. There can be a handful of factors triggering this issue, which we will be trying to elaborate later in this segment. For more details, make sure to read this post till the end. Or you can also connect with us at 1-888-351-0999 and we will provide you with further assistance.
What causes QuickBooks error 6150 1006?
The below stated factors can trigger such an error in QuickBooks:
• One of the basic factors can be if the QuickBooks isn’t installed properly
• Another possible factor can be if the windows registry files
• Or the user can also face similar issue if the QuickBooks related files got deleted mistakenly
• The user can also come across similar issue when accessing a portable company file without opening the software
• Moreover, if the extension for QuickBooks file is incorrect then it is possible to experience this issue
• Also, you can face this issue when saving QuickBooks mac file when using QuickBooks windows mistakenly
Steps to resolve the error
The user can try to eliminate the error by restoring backup. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
• Start the process by navigating to QuickBooks and clicking on the file option
• Once done with that select the open or restore company tab
• After that click on restore a backup copy and click on next
• Select the local backup option and click on next tab
• The user is then required to go for the location of the company file backup from the look-in drop down menu
• Also, go for the backup having the .qbb extension
• The next step is to tap on the open option by clicking on the next tab
• And also move to the save-in drop down menu and browse for a preferred location to restore the backup file
• The user needs to type in the company filename in the file name field and then save it in the .qbw format
• Also, click on yes to confirm the overwrite process
• Lastly, click on yes to confirm and delete the entire file
Read Also: Setup QuickBooks Desktop Loan Manager
Now that you know the steps related to fix the error code 6150 1006, it is time to perform those steps and eliminate it. In case you get stuck at some point in time, or if you need our support at some point in time, then in that case contacting our QuickBooks tech support team at 1-888-351-0999 is recommended. We are a team of certified QuickBooks professionals who work round the clock in providing the best possible support services.