The most well-known brand among consumers is Canon. You must first understand the causes of this issue before moving on to troubleshooting, and you must then understand how to resolve the Canon Printer Not Printing in black issue with your printer. The printhead nozzles may be to blame if the printer cannot print in black ink. They have occasionally been observed to keep black ink from penetrating the paper. In rare instances, if an empty ink cartridge is clogged, black ink may spill out or print. Cleaning the nozzles is the first step in returning the black ink. This page goes into great detail about it..
Why My Canon Printer Not Printing Black
There are a few Reasons For Canon Printer Not Printing. Your Canon printer can be dried out if you don't use it every day. In order for you to observe this problem on your printer. When the head of the printer is dry even if the ink cartridge may be loaded with liquid ink, nothing prints on the paper. You could encounter this issue occasionally if the ink cartridge has a problem. You could occasionally run into this issue if your Canon printer is an older model. These are the main, frequently occurring reasons of this issue.
Four different solutions to fix Canon printer not print black.
There are four different effective solutions to the My Canon Printer Not Printing black problem. We've listed some options below; take a look:
Solution 1: Cleaning Method
You can resolve this issue in your printer by using the cleaning process. Take the following steps:
- First, you must turn on the printer.
- Make sure you have 5 or more A4 size papers in the printer tray.
- After that, you must open both the paper output tray and the output tray extension.
- Then, to begin the cleaning process, select the Setup option.
- The tools icon can be found in the Setup section; click on it.
- When the tools box appears, navigate to the Maintenance Menu and press the OK button to open it.
- When the Maintenance Menu appears, select Deep Cleaning and then press the OK button.
- You must first select YES and then OK for confirmation.
- Your printer will now begin cleaning. Allow some time for this process to complete. After you've finished this process, restart your printer to see if the problem has been resolved.
Solution 2: Use Original Cartridges
This problem occurs in your printer if you do not use a genuine cartridge. As a result, you should only use genuine ink or toner supplies. Due to the fact that Canon does not guarantee the quality of duplicate cartridges. As a result, you must use genuine cartridges. This could also be the cause of Canon printer not printing black.
Solution 3: Update the most recent printer driver.
This issue may be resolved by updating the printer driver. When using this printer, you must ensure that the printer driver is up to date. This issue may occur if your printer driver is not up to date. As a result, you must update your Canon printer driver as soon as possible to resolve this issue. To do so, go to the Canon official website and then search for your printer's driver name. When you see that an update is available, click the Update button. After finishing the update process, restart your printer to see if the problem has been resolved.
Solution 4 - Inspect and replace the faulty cartridge
If the first three solutions do not solve the problem, you can try this one. Follow the steps below:
Method 1 - Determine which cartridge needs to be replaced.
To begin, you must identify the cartridge to be replaced.
- You can start by reviewing the first page, as discussed in solution 1.
- Then, on the test page, double-check the colour blocks and text.
If you notice any issues with the colour blacks and text, the issue is with the black cartridge.
Method 2: Replace the faulty cartridge.
You must replace the faulty printer cartridge.
- To begin, place the paper on the tray.
- Then you must activate your printer.
- Check the cartridge door once the printer is turned on.
- Then, slowly remove the cartridge while holding it down.
- You must first remove the new cartridge and then the plastic tape.
- Insert the cartridge into the ink nozzles while holding it near the nozzles.
- Insert the cartridge until it clicks into place.
- The cartridge should then be closed.
Method 3 - Align The Printer
The cartridges must then be aligned.
- To begin, turn on your printer and ensure that the paper is in the input tray.
- Then, to open the Setup icon, click the next button.
- To access the tools, press the right arrow button and then press OK.
- Then, click the right arrow button to open the Align Printer, and then click OK. The alignment page is now printed by the printer.
- To finish the alignment, close the lid and press the Ok button.
- Wait for the printer to scan the alignment sheet and finish the process.
We hope that the solutions provided above will assist you in resolving the Canon printer not printing black issue in your printer. Follow the steps in the above solutions and do it in your printer. Please leave a comment if you encounter any difficulties. We will provide an update as soon as possible.
References: Solved Canon printer not printing problem