One of the factors that affect the QuickBooks performance is proper Windows configuration. QuickBooks desktop can come across errors if there is a failure in any Windows component and improper QuickBooks settings. One such annoying error is QuickBooks error 6069. That can take place while doing several activities like opening a company file and running QuickBooks. This article will discuss the reasons that trigger the error code 6069 and the troubleshooting methods that can help you eliminate it.
Are you looking for expert assistance to get rid of QuickBooks Desktop Error 6069? If yes, give us a call on our helpline number 855-948-3651.
What Reasons Trigger QuickBooks Error Code 6069?
Apart from triggering QuickBooks error 6069, there are several reasons that it brings forth other QB errors as well. We have listed the reasons below:
1. It might be due Outdated QuickBooks Desktop application.
2. Another reason is incomplete or partial QuickBooks installation.
However, certain reasons are solely responsible for causing error 6069 in QuickBooks Desktop:
1. Improper or incorrect configuration of AVG antivirus.
2. There might be the presence of Bad sectors in the Windows hard drive.
3. You might have replaced the QuickBooks company file with the same name with some other file in the QuickBooks installation directory.
How To Resolve Intuit QuickBooks Error Code 6069?
Follow the troubleshooting methods mentioned below to eliminate Error 6069 in QuickBooks:
Solution 1: Set QuickBooks as a Trusted Program in AVG
1. Firstly, open your AVG antivirus dashboard.
2. Then, click the Computer icon and then select settings.
3. Click Add Exceptions under the Exceptions section.
4. Click on the file from the Exception Type drop-down list.
5. Click on Browse and find the QuickBooks program file from the QuickBooks installation folder.
6. Click on OK twice and then save the settings by clicking on Yes.
Solution 2: Allow QuickBooks through AVG Firewall
1. At first, open AVG and then click on the Firewall section.
2. Go to settings and select Applications.
3. From the list of programs displayed by the AVG firewall, select QuickBooks.
4. If you have set the application status to Block, change it to Allow.
5. If QuickBooks isn’t available in the programs' list, click on Add and browse the QuickBooks program file in the QuickBooks installation directory.
6. Click on Create followed by OK.
7. Save the changes by clicking on Yes.
8. At last, rerun QuickBooks.
Have the above methods helped you eliminate QuickBooks Error 6069? If not, you can jump to the next one.
Solution 3: Verify the Extension of QuickBooks Company File
1. To begin, open the Windows File Manager and go to the QuickBooks installation directory.
2. In general, the company file is stored inside C:\ Users\ Public\ Documents\ Intuit\ QuickBooks\ Company Files folder.
3. Ensure that the company file has a .qbw extension.
4. If the extension is different, then right-click on the file and select Rename option.
5. Replace the extension with .qbw and save the file.
6. Lastly, try to save the company file once again in QuickBooks.
Also Read - Fix QuickBooks Error Code OLSU 1013
Need Technical Assistance!
If you have followed the troubleshooting methods mentioned in this blog, it would have helped you resolve QuickBooks error 6069. If you need any further assistance, we suggest you give us a call on our Toll-Free Number 855-948-3651 Our experts are available round the clock for your assistance.