To install the QuickBooks Desktop on your system you have to fulfill certain system requirements to run the software smoothly. But at times, while installing the software users might come across several issues when you fail to fulfill the system requirements. And one such issue is insufficient memory or disk space that occurs due to insufficient storage space. Therefore, to fix the issue, you must clear up the disk space so that you can install the QuickBooks Desktop without any issue. If you are looking for stepwise instructions to clear up the disk space then you must go through the entire blog.
Thinking about how to clear up the disk space for installing QuickBooks Desktop and need instant help? If yes, then don’t worry and get in touch with our experts by dialing the toll-free number (855)-856–0053 to get all answers to your queries within the shortest time span.
Stepwise Instructions to Clear Up Disk Space For QuickBooks Desktop
Here we have listed some of the easy steps using which you can easily clear up disk space. And thus it will help you in resolving “Insufficient memory or disk space” error.
Step 1: Check Your Hard Drive:-
Before clearing up the disk space, you must check how much storage space is available on your system. To install the QuickBooks software on your device, your system must have at least 1 GB of space and 2.5 GB to work the QB Desktop smoothly.
- Click on the Windows icon and type “File Explorer” within the text field and then hit the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Thereafter, go to My Computer from the navigation bar.
- Soon after this, right-click on the local C: drive icon and select the Properties option.
- Once you reach the Properties window, you will get to know how much free space is available in the Window.
Step 2: Make Space on your hard drive:-
If you found that there are lots of files stored within the downloads folder or the recycle bin. Then, you have to run the disk cleanup to free up the hard disk space by following the steps below:
- In the first step, type “disk cleanup” within the search box on the taskbar and then choose Disk Cleanup from the lists of options available.
- Then, you are required to select the drive that you want to clean up and click Ok.
- Now, you have to choose the file types that you want to clear up below the Files to Delete option. If you want to get a detailed description of the file type then select that particular file type.
- In the end, click the Ok option.
Need Any Professional Assistance!!
Hopefully, we assure you that the steps listed above will help you to clear up disk space on your hard drive to install QuickBooks Desktop. And thus, it helps you in preventing “insufficient memory or disk space” errors. If you are looking for any additional help, then we suggest you to get in touch with our experts by dialing the toll-free number (855)-856–0053.