Cracks can occur in any area of the tooth. The crack may be apparent, but not usually. Someone with a fractured tooth may suffer pain when biting food, or their teeth may suddenly become sensitive to heat and cold. The pain associated with a cracked tooth tends to come and go over time. One should arrange an appointment with the Best Dentist in Kolkata when one suspects they have a cracked tooth. Untreated broken teeth can lead to more difficulties, pain, and discomfort in the future.
Types of cracked teeth
- Craze Lines: Adult front teeth often have these micro-fractures or hairlines. Most of the time, these fissures occur just in the first layer of teeth, and they do not cause pain or an aesthetic issue. The prognosis is excellent if parafunctional habits and high pressures when chewing are avoided.
- Fractured cusp: The crack usually appears around a dental filling. However, it rarely causes any pain because it doesn't impact the tooth's pulp.
- Cracked teeth: The crack starts on the chewing surface of the tooth. Then extends vertically down to the root. For this case, the pulp tissue has been damaged, and root canal therapy is required to treat the injured pulp. Your dentist will use a full crown to bind the tooth and seal it to prevent the break from spreading further.
Treatments of cracked teeth
- Bonding: The crack fills using plastic resin. Small chips in the biting edge of the tooth can be repaired easily with this process. The tooth's shape can be restored through dental bonding procedures.
- Dental crown: Dental crowns are artificial teeth that are placed over broken, decaying, or weak teeth to protect them. They are made of metals, ceramics, or composite resins. An appropriate solution for significant cracked teeth that don't necessitate extraction is a crown. Crowns hold cracked teeth together, restoring their natural shape, function, and appearance by using dental crowns.
Cracked teeth can cause acute discomfort when exposed to cold or during chewing or biting. Take it seriously. Book an appointment with the best dentists at TeethCare Multispeciality Dental Clinic.