You cannot speak about an accounting solution without mentioning QuickBooks Pro. It is an accounting software that is engineered to cater to medium sized businesses. QuickBooks Pro allows users to adopt a multiuser mode where a single person can use QuickBooks on two computers. The Pro version of QuickBooks also allows you to add multiple users so that you can better manage your accounts. This article will give you a clear idea about how to use make the most of the multiuser feature of QuickBooks. If you want a more detailed analysis you can call the Quickbooks technical support number and speak to an expert.
For security reasons each user must have a valid license if they want to use QuickBooks. When you install the QuickBooks Database Server Manager you will be able to authorize multiple users so that they can access the company file. The people you authorize will be able to log in and access the same company file thus making it easier to collaborate and work. The QuickBooks Database Server Manager will also scan the company computers to updated files. It will also automatically configure any new company files so that it is synced with any of the authorized computers within your network.
Install QuickBooks Database Server
• Step 1: Close all programs on your dedicated file server computer. You should also disable the anti-virus so that it does not affect installation.
• Step 2: Insert the QuickBooks installation CD in the drive to start the installation program.
• Step 3: You will be asked to overwrite existing files, click ‘Yes to All’ and proceed.
• Step 4: Go to "Custom and Network Options" and select the option that doesn't require a license. This will allow you to install only the files when you want to share your company data over the network.
• Step 5: Click on "More Than One User", select "Install Database Server Only" and go through the prompts to finish the installation.
• Step 6: Open QuickBooks by clicking ‘Install’ then ‘Finish’
• Step 7: Got to the QuickBooks Database Server Manager and press ‘Scan Folders’.
• Step 8: Select ‘Add Folder’ and navigate to the location of the company file. Click on the option to ‘Scan all Folders’ so that other users will be able to access the company file remotely.
• Step 9: When the scan is complete close QuickBooks.
Configure QuickBooks Database Server Access
• Go to the "File" and "Utilities" menu in QuickBooks.
• Click "Host Multi-User Access" on the computer you intend to use for administrator access.
• Visit the "Company" menu and select "Add User."
• Add an appropriate username and password and choose the access options
• Open the QuickBooks software on all computer connected to the network.
• Select "Open a Company File" and "Next" and navigate to the location of the QuickBooks Database Server Management file.
• Enter the username and password that is assigned and log in.
Considering the fact the entire process to install QuickBooks pro is quite complex this article will not be enough to give you a detailed step-by-step guide. If you need additional technical assistance you can always contact Quickbooks tech support number and speak to a certified expert to receive the best solution.
Read More:- Quickbooks helpline number