One of the most common forms of independent academic work of an artistic character is an essay. It is widely used all around the world. Pupils of schools, as well as college and university students, are often facing this form of assignment in all disciplines. It is an efficient and popular way to test the students’ writing skills and the knowledge they have obtained, and it is also a great way to enhance their creativity, teach them to analyze information and express their opinions clearly, operating with valid facts and examples. Therefore, it is used in all educational institutions.
Although this is a common form of homework and modern students deal with it on the daily basis, not all were able to master the art of writing essays yet. This post is aimed to help you. In this article, we are going to share some essay secrets and tips to help you write a brilliant essay on any topic and avoid common mistakes. Here you will learn about the standard structure of this paper, the features that distinguish it from other writing genres, how to choose a topic and correctly express your thoughts on paper.
How To Start The Workflow?
There are a few key things to take care of before you can dive into the process of writing – you will need to choose a topic, review the relevant literature, organize your arguments, and make an outline. Do not avoid these steps! Some students prefer to skip the preparatory stage and decide to start writing their paper from scratch right away but, with such an approach, they usually face a bigger number of issue in the result.
To choose a topic, carefully review the given instructions. The requirements to the paper’s topic can vary in different institutions. However, there are still some basic things to keep in mind – your topic should be relevant and engaging, it shouldn’t be too broad or narrow, there should be enough sources on it. Following these tips, you will easily make the right choice!
Then follows the research. To find trusted and valid sources, you should broaden the area of search – look for different types of materials including journals, books, databases, official websites, etc. Always check the validity of the data you’ve obtained. Finally, you should highlight the key facts from what you have, analyze them, and organize your arguments in the way they should pop up in your text (usually starting with the strongest to less significant ones).
How to make an outline? This is a simple step. The structure of written work, as a rule, consists of such components as the introduction (a hook, an essence and justification for choosing a particular topic, and thesis), the main part (the reasoned disclosure of the topic based on the collected material), the conclusion (generalizations and conclusions). You should structure your outline just like this. After this, you can start writing your paper.
If this sounds too difficult for you or you just have no time to write an essay, you can always find some help online. For example, at this master thesis writing service you can also order essay writing help but if you decide to ask for help, you should do it in advance in order not to miss the deadline.
Quick Tips For Creating A Top-Notch Essay!
Apart from understanding the topic well and having certain skills, students should also consider some smart tips to make their papers truly outstanding. Here is our list of top essay tips:
· As a rule, teachers expect you to demonstrate your abilities to shape and prove your position on certain problems, based on the acquired knowledge and independent thinking.
· It is necessary to write briefly and clearly.
· The quality of any essay is defined by the three key components: the source material (the abstracts of the literature, lectures, the results of the discussions, your own considerations and the experience gained on this issue), the quality of its organization, the argumentation (how accurate it correlates with the problems displayed in your essay).
· It is good to have examples! Consider reading a few articles or chapters from the books on the related topic to see a conceptual framework of the particular issue, find theoretical arguments, provide empirical data, consider and evaluate the range of literature on this topic.
· In the introduction, it is very useful to give brief definitions of key terms. Using a hook is also a good idea.
· When quoting, always take the text in quotation marks and give an exact reference to the source (including the page number), otherwise the text will be considered plagiarized.
· In the main body, limit the paragraph consideration to one main idea.
· In conclusion, it is worth to highlight the possibility of the application of your research, without excluding the relationship with other problems.