When it comes to dressing for any special occasion, you want to look your best. But what if you don't have a lot of time to spare? In this article, we'll show you how to style a knee-length dress in less than 10 minutes!
Decide what type of dress you want to style
If you are looking for a knee-length dress to wear to a formal event, you should consider wearing a knee-length ball gown. To style this dress, you must find a ball gown with a fitted bodice and flared skirt. You can also add a shawl/cape to complete the look. If you are looking for a more casual look, you may want to try wearing a knee-length skirt with flats or boots. Again, to style this type of dress, you will need to find a knee-length skirt that is flowy and comfortable. You can also accessorise this type of dress with jewellery and sunglasses.
Choose the right fabric
Choosing the right fabric for a knee-length dress can be tricky. You want something comfortable to wear but also modest and classy. Here're a few tips to help you choose the right fabric:
- Try a light and airy fabric, like cotton or silk. These fabrics help keep cool in summer temperatures and also be comfortable to wear.
- Avoid materials that are too heavy or stiff, like wool or leather. These materials can make your dress feel restricting and uncomfortable.
- Consider how formal your event will be. A more casual event will call for a softer fabric like cotton gauze, while a more formal event might call for something like silk chiffon. Of course, it all depends on the atmosphere of the party!
Make minor alterations to the dress
There're a few ways to style a knee-length dress, depending on the kind of outfit you're trying to create.
- Choose a knee-length dress with high heels and a conservative belt for a more formal look. This will give you an elegant and polished look.
- Try pairing a knee-length dress with platform shoes and a statement necklace for an edgier look. This will give you a more fashionable and youthful appearance.
- If you're looking for something more casual, consider pairing your knee-length dress with sandals or wedges. This will give you an airy and summery look.
Sew on a belt
Adding a belt to your knee-length dress gives it a more finished look. Start by cutting a fabric strip about 2 inches wide and 12 inches long. Next, sew the strip of fabric to the waistband of your dress, making sure to backstitch at both ends.
Finish off the look with shoes and accessories
If you want an edge on your knee-length dress, add a pair of simple pumps or wedges to the ensemble. Try a delicate necklace or ring to look at an elevated twist for accessories. And don't forget to accessorise your wrist with a pretty bracelet!
Looking for the perfect knee-length dress this summer? Look no further than Cotton Dayz! Our cotton sundresses come in various styles and colours to suit any outfit. So we've got you covered whether you're looking for a beach dress, a springtime outfit, or a special event dress. Plus, our prices are unbeatable! So why wait? Shop with Cotton Dayz today!